Living in Long Beach, CA, I am not exposed to as many grand homes as those Realtors in Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, Manhattan Beach, Santa Barbara, Rancho Palos Verdes or other select parts of Southern California. Don’t get me wrong, our city has a great number of places, on the water, and inland that hold you breathless. Just ask the luxury home owners in the Long Beach area.
Long Beach is a Hidden Gem
You ask many folks in Southern California and they wouldn’t know how ideal the Long Beach Area really is. I see it as a secret place situated between Los Angeles and Orange County that provides a lifestyle that is a combination of bustling east coast and laid back west coast.
Naples, Belmont Shore, Park Estates, Lakewood Country Club and Virgina Country club are places that most resemble the lifestyle synonymous with what everyone perceives as California luxury. It is, but at a fraction of the cost of other areas.
In the past 10 years, a great many of the homes in this area have been remodelled or totally rebuilt to reflect the changing face of expectation in luxury. After doing a little digging, I’ve uncovered a number observations about the upper-tier housing market in Long Beach — that align very closely with other areas in the whole of California:
- Professional Landscaping is a must
- Upgraded the kitchen. In the luxury market there is a great number of homes in Long Beach that have “Designer” kitchens
- Wine cellars are becoming more popular as available room, especially in Naples, Belmont Shore and Belmont Heights is becoming more of a premium
- Wet Bars are starting to make a come back
- In-ground swimming pools with spas have long been popular and are even making a splash in smaller lots in Belmont Heights
- Installed Security systems are the norm rather than the exception
- Surround sound systems with the latest wireless capabilities
I can only speak for myself, but luxury in Long Beach is more than design. Add taste, style, convenience, flowing floorplans and timeless individuality and what you see will be incredible.
Any chance you get to view a home that peaks your interest. Do it!